Last year, Red Hat and Nutanix announced a strategic partnership to support Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and Red Hat OpenShift on the Nutanix® Cloud Platform. This long-anticipated collaboration enables customers to build, scale, and manage containerized and virtualized cloud-native applications more easily.
With this partnership formalized between them, IIS now implements Red Hat on Nutanix and serves as the single point of contact for customers seeking greater choices with a unified support option. (See IIS Maximizes The Value of Joint Red Hat-Nutanix Solutions With New Support Options).
IIS, a Champion Level partner for Nutanix, recommends the Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) as a secure, enterprise-grade virtualization solution. Nutanix AHV streamlines operations and lowers costs yet still provides optimal performance for the most demanding applications.
The Nutanix platform is infrastructure agnostic, offering freedom of choice in hardware, hypervisor, and cloud service provider. Customers can integrate 2-, 4-, or 8-socket Intel nodes, NVIDIA nodes, or high core count AMD nodes with up to 16 TB storage.
To further enhance performance and reduce footprint of the entire environment, IIS leverages HPE DX systems powered by AMD to take processing power to the next level.
Third generation AMD EPYC™ processors optimized for high performance computing (HPC) applications on the Nutanix platform provide dual-socket high core density CPUs that save data center space, reduce power and cooling expenses while outperforming most competitive four-socket HPC processors. (See AMD EPYC™ Processors: High Performance Computing New Standard).
This next-generation solution, orchestrated, configured, and supported by IIS, allows customers to modernize tier-1 workloads and applications using Nutanix with minimal changes to workflows or IT infrastructure while enjoying unified support.
Nutanix & Red Hat OpenShift
Red Hat OpenShift is the preferred Kubernetes offering on Nutanix AOS. In fact, Nutanix accelerates Red Hat OpenShift deployments by reducing the minimum requirements to just three physical hosts and offers one-click automated deployment and management of Red Hat OpenShift.
Customers now have options for virtualization by combining Red Hat OpenShift with Nutanix AHV or modernizing their existing VMs with OpenShift Virtualization capabilities.
Many customers have already made strategic investments in one or both partners, and they want to be able to continue to capitalize on that investment. As part of the Nutanix/Red Hat partnership, the Nutanix cloud platform is now a preferred choice for hyperconverged infrastructure for Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Red Hat OpenShift. Likewise, Nutanix AHV is now a Red Hat certified hypervisor enabling full support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Red Hat OpenShift on Nutanix cloud. The companies will work together on interoperability for their clients.
Other primary advantages of migrating to Nutanix AHV and Red Hat include:
- Easily manage storage and virtualization from Nutanix Prism.
- One-click upgrades of Hypervisors, BIOS, and operating systems.
- Provides a tightly integrated Kubernetes environment instead of a bolt-on approach with Tanzu.
- Offers customers with public or Hybrid cloud requirements an easier way to manage VMware Cloud on AWS or Azure.
2 - Reduced operational expenses
- Many customers used VMware with Nutanix as the only certified hypervisor. As the only widely used supported option, customers were forced to pay more for support. Nutanix AHV is included as part of the solution at no additional cost and is fully supported for a more cost-effective approach to achieving KVM virtualization management.
- Eliminates the high cost of VMware licenses and SNS support to free up budgets.
- Studies show that using Nutanix with AHV provides better TCO than other virtualization solutions.
3 - Natively secure
- Take the burden off IT support teams with factory-applied FIPS-compliant security, best practices, network micro-segmentation, and built-in configuration audit and remediation.
4 - Natively secure
- AHV not only streamlines operations but is tuned to deliver optimal application performance on Nutanix HCI for the most demanding enterprise applications.
Consider Red Hat on Nutanix from IIS to bring a level of automation, ease of use, and time to market customers need, while meeting virtualization requirements with a single point of contact through IIS for a fully supported solution. Contact us to learn more about how your enterprise can modernize its applications with Red Hat and Nutanix.
IIS Consulting Services are here to provide guidance and services to help facilitate these sometimes-complex migrations. IIS resources have assisted our customers with the analysis of different approaches, the planning, migrations, and Day-2 support operations, including complex platform migrations, like RISC to x86 as well as Database migrations.