Unify and Simplify Your Data Center with HPE SimpliVity
For as long as we can remember, businesses have run on traditional IT infrastructure, with separate hardware for computing, networking and storage. It’s just the way it's always been. But, purchasing and maintaining of all these components is expensive and inefficient. And equipment is only part of the cost equation. For every dollar spent on hardware today, IDC estimates you'll spend four dollars on operational expenses like power, cooling, maintenance and management. As a result, data-driven enterprises are seeking new, smarter ways to reduce operating costs.
One intriguing, new strategy involves migrating to an intelligent “hyperconverged” infrastructure. In hyperconverged environments, the compute, network and storage resources are tightly integrated into a single, streamlined system which delivers a powerful mix of operational and cost saving benefits. But hyperconvergence is about more than just consolidating storage and compute assets. When the entire IT stack of multiple infrastructure components is combined into a unified software-defined platform, you can accomplish complex tasks in minutes instead of hours at a fraction of the cost of traditional IT solutions.
Enter Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) SimpliVity, an intelligent hyperconverged infrastructure platform that speeds application performance, improves efficiency and resiliency, and backs up/restores VMs in seconds. HPE SimpliVity is the leading hyperconverged platform on the market today.
Migrating workloads from legacy servers and disparate equipment to HPE SimpliVity brings storage, computing and networking onto a single system and helps businesses realize significant savings through:
- Small Footprint / Low Power Consumption. HPE SimpliVity combines servers, switches, storage and special purpose devices (e.g., deduplication, caching), into a single building block, significantly reducing the physical footprint of your IT infrastructure. Consolidate multiple racks of hardware to save space, eliminate specialized equipment and reduce electrical requirements for power and cooling to save money.
- Built-in Backup and Recovery. Data protection is key a capability of HPE SimpliVity, and is a great example of one of the ways in which it can eliminate specialized equipment. Rather than managing a dedicated backup and disaster recovery system (which may involve multiple pieces and manual processes spread across several locations), HPE SimpliVity safely stores and manages data for backup and recovery in one appliance with little manual oversight. Data protection at the VM level is built-in. In fact, HPE guarantees restoration of a 1 TB VM in one minute or less.
- Data Compression and Deduplication. Maximize storage capacity with built-in deduplication and data compression technologies. Achieve faster network performance by eliminating multiple copies of the same applications. Drastically lower storage requirements as well as the volume of input/output operations per second (IOPS) by reducing unnecessary processing of duplicate files. Avoid the cost of major hardware upgrades and conserve existing network bandwidth for higher priority transactions.
- Vendor Consolidation. When you fold multiple hardware, storage and network resources into a single hyperconverged appliance you'll also streamline the number of vendors needed to keep your IT infrastructure running smoothly. Let IIS be your single point of contact for all troubleshooting activities and take the guesswork out of determining which vendor is the proper partner to call. Even if it's not a SimpliVity problem, IIS has the expertise and outside relationships to solve any interoperability issue.
- IT Staff Efficiency. Make cross-functionality a reality in your data center. Specialized engineers may not have the expertise needed in other areas to pitch in during an emergency. Transform your dedicated server, network and storage engineers into infrastructure HPE SimpliVity offers a simplified GUI to manage all virtual machines, the network and storage assets from a single portal, allowing everyone on the team to be more valuable and efficient.
IIS - Your Partner for HPE SimpliVity Hyperconvergence
International Integrated Solutions (IIS) is a managed services provider and systems integrator and HPE Partner of the Year, with deep expertise in HPE SimpiVity and the entire HPE product line. Before you sink more money into expanding your IT architecture with separate compute, network and storage infrastructure components, consider the simplification and cost savings that you can achieve with a hyperconverged solution.
Click here to get a complimentary assessment to see if hyperconvergence through IIS and HPE SimpliVity is the right choice for your enterprise.