IIS is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal and writing skills. You will partner with customers, IIS Sales, and several other IIS teams to develop highly scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud solutions that address customer use cases and accelerate the adoption of hybrid cloud. As trusted customer advocates, the Solutions Architecture team helps organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will help shape and execute a strategy to build solutions for a broad range of customer use cases from new startups to large enterprise customers. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to the Solutions Architecture team. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
· At IIS, we have a credo of Work hard. Have fun. Make history. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
· Have a passion for designing, developing and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from small businesses to large enterprises.
· Have a strong understanding of large scale cloud computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a software developer or software architect. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture and implementation discussions. You will regularly take part in deep dive design and development exercises to create world-class solutions built on hybrid cloud.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Collaborates with others to define and implement optimal, complete solutions based on stakeholder needs. Applies and generates best practices in multiple technical domains using open source and third-party technology products and services.
· Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
· Ensure solutions are developed and packaged in an easily consumable and repeatable way for customers and internal teams including sales, solutions architecture, and support
· Capture and share best practice knowledge with the IIS solutions architect and sales community
· Author or otherwise contribute to IIS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, solutions marketing, reference architectures, and reference implementations
· Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within IIS Basic Qualifications
· 5+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
· 3+ years experience in software development, infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
· Strong knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
· Experience with OpenStack
· Technical degree required; Computer Science background highly desired Preferred Qualifications
⋅ Strong knowledge of REST architecture
⋅ Familiar with storage in the cloud and auto-scaling
⋅ Experience with configuration managers (Ansible, Chef)
⋅ Experience with large-scale, high availability server architectures
⋅ Experience with load balancers (55, HAProxy)
· Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on public clouds
· Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
· Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
· Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
· Strong written communication skills
· High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a full benefits package and 401K.
IIS is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation